On the heels of their second straight NL East-winning campaign, the Braves have gotten off to an aggressive start this offseason. General manager Alex Anthopoulos, who’s trying to build an Atlanta team capable of winning a playoff series for the first time since 2001, has doled out an array of guaranteed contracts in the early stages of the winter. But the club’s still in danger of losing one of its top performers from 2019, free-agent third baseman Josh Donaldson.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. OF: $99MM through 2026 (includes buyout of 2027 club option; contract also contains 2028 option)
- Freddie Freeman, 1B: $44MM through 2021
- Will Smith, LHP: $40MM through 2022 (includes buyout of 2023 club option)
- Ozzie Albies, 2B: $34MM through 2025 (includes buyout of 2026 club option; contract also contains 2027 option)
- Ender Inciarte, OF: $16.025MM through 2021 (includes buyout of 2022 club option)
- Travis d’Arnaud, C: $16MM through 2021
- Mark Melancon, RHP: $14MM through 2020